Our girls are not bred until they are at least 24 months old (when they are determined to be fully mature and not puppies) and have had their final health clearances.
Prior to breeding our dogs are tested for the following:
- Hips and Elbows, Rated through OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals)
- OFA Eye Exams (annually)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA)
- Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC)
- Retinal Dysplasia/OSD (RD/OSD)
- Hereditary Nasal Parakeratosis (HNPK)
- Centronuclear Myopathy (CNM)
- Heart, Rated through OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals)
We have recently started to test for the following:
- SD2 (Skeletal Dysplasia)
- Dilute (coat that produces unacceptable colors like silver)
Copies of all the above-listed health certificates go home with each puppy.